DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
The Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St Mary’s, Iffley
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
2. Who are we?
The PCC of St Mary’s, Iffley is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The PCC of St Mary’s, Iffley complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes: -
· To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in our parish;
· To administer membership records;
· To fundraise and promote the interests of the church and parish;
· To manage our volunteers;
· To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
· To inform you of news, events, activities and services running at St Mary’s;
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
These are the GDPR legal bases which could apply to your personal data:
· Explicit consent given by you so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and so we can process your donations;
· Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations such as employment and tax law;
· The data processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body with a political, philosophical, religious or trade union aim (the PCC of St Mary’s, Iffley) provided: -
o the processing relates only to members or former members (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes); and
o there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the parish with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide “Keep or Bin: Care of Your Parish Records” which is available from the Church of England website at: - https://www.churchofengland.org/about-us/structure/churchcommissioners/administration/librariesandarchives/recordsmanagementguides.aspx.
Specifically, we retain electoral roll data while it is still current; gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and parish registers (baptisms, marriages, funerals) permanently.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
· The right to request a copy of your personal data held by the PCC of St Mary’s Iffley;
· The right to request that the PCC of St Mary’s Iffley corrects any personal data if it is inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased if the PCC of St Mary’s Iffley no longer needs to retain it;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will give you a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Parish Administrator at email@example.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Privacy notice for the website
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
This is a message from the Parochial Church Council (PCC) of St Mary’s, Iffley. We are the organisation responsible for any personal data that you provide via this website and for ensuring that this data is dealt with according to the law, which is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Under that law we are called the ‘data controller’.
1. What is ‘personal data’?
Personal data is information about a living individual who can be identified from that information, either alone or in combination with any other information which we have or are likely to get in the future.
2. What can we do with your personal data?
Under the GDPR we have duties to protect your data and can only use it for certain purposes.
Our duties are:
· to keep personal data up to date;
· to store and destroy it securely;
· not to collect or retain excessive amounts of data;
· to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure, including the use of suitable protection methods for data stored electronically.
By signing up by providing your e-mail address you agree that we can send you directly by e-mail new updates to this website and other news about activities at St Mary’s, Iffley.
3. What are your rights?
You can cancel at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each e-mail. You can check what personal data we hold about you and can make any corrections by contacting [ ].